Noblestown Road in Walkers Mill closed Monday August 22 for two months. This is the main road from Carnegie and I-79 to reach the trailhead in Walker’s Mill.
Traveling eastbound (from Oakdale area)
- From Noblestown Road, turn left onto McMichael Road (Route 3041)
- Turn right onto Baldwin Road (Route 3054)
- Baldwin Road becomes Ewing Road
- Ewing Road becomes Collier Street
- Turn right onto Boyd Street
- Boyd Street becomes Cubbage Street
- Follow Cubbage Street to West Main Street/Noblestown Road
- End detour
Traveling westbound (from Carnegie)
- Same detour route in the opposite direction
If you have GPS, use 110 Noblestown Road, Carnegie 15106 as an address. There are a couple of alternates:
- Take I-79 Exit 55, turn left on Rt. 50 to the light at Thoms Run. Turn left onto Thoms Run (past CV High School) to light at Forsythe Road then turn right up hill. At T, turn left onto Hilltop Road past Collier Municipal Bldg, then make a right onto Walkers Mill Road. Trail is at bottom of hill. For main parking, continue to Noblestown Road, turn left then another left into Township yard.
- For the adventurous (no large trucks), you can get off at Exit 57 or continue west on Noblestown Road from Carnegie about 300 feet and turn right onto First St. then immediate right onto Dorrington (toward DDI and Weavertown). Wind across bridge and take a sharp left up hill. Continue through several sharps turns to Hilltop Road. Turn right and go about 2 ½ miles to a right onto Walker Mill Road.